Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

My Mac Setup

I became a Mac convert a few years ago. I won't go into the reasons why, but lets just say I was a hardcore windows developer before, so for me to have been drawn to the dark side there had to be a hell of a reason. There was, there is, if you don't get it then don't bother to read any further.

If you have recently converted, or are simply interested in how other people use their macs then read on. I work with lots of business people so my Mac has to be capable of doing everything a Windows pc can do. I'm also a coder and a gamer so I have additional requirements.

For Business I use:
  • Office 2008 - Probably the best version of office, as it doesn't have the annoying ribbon.
  • Codeweavers Crossover for Mac - This lets me run a lot of windows software natively on my mac (eg, no vmware/no boot camp necessary) It supports Microsoft Visio/Project and Internet Explorer.




Putty for Mac
Putty for Mac
$15.00

https://winereviews.onfastspring.com/putty-for-mac


No comments: