Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wine, Cedega, and CXGames Benchmark Comparision

In one of my earlier postings I did a compare and contrast of the various different features Cedega and Codeweavers offer. Today I am going to try leave my opinions aside and stick strictly to the numbers. Source Engine games are some of the most popular played today so I feel it is only fitting I use them to test the Wine software we have today.

The Test: I will be running an FPS test under both the original source engine (Counter Strike: Source) and the latest version of the source engine (Left 4 Dead). For each test I used the same detail settings and tested each game at three different resolutions, using each Wine, CXGames, and Cedega.

The Hardware: While my hardware is not fastest in the world it is (as of posting this) relatively new and decently quick. Proc nVidia 260m with 1gig DDR3 dedicated memory.

The Software: Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty), 64bit. Running the nVidia 190.42 driver

The Wine Programs Used: The following test results where obtained using CXGames 8.0.0, Cedega 7.3.3, and a vanilla install of Wine 1.1.32 (all latest versions as of today).

The Results:
Counter Strike - Source
  • Resolution: 1680x1050
  • - Wine: 72.29 fps
  • - CXGames: 153.03 fps
  • - Cedega: 113.83 fps
  • Resolution: 1024x768
  • - Wine: 49.33 fps
  • - CXGames: 163.03 fps
  • - Cedega: 119.22 fps
  • Resolution: 640x480
  • - Wine: 63.23 fps
  • - CXGames: 179.94 fps
  • - Cedega: n/a
Full Article with more scores!



Putty for Mac
Putty for Mac
$15.00

https://winereviews.onfastspring.com/putty-for-mac



No comments: