Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

CrossOver Linux and Mac

From Jeremy White's Blog at CodeWeavers:

I've just returned from the Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit held in San Francisco last week. It was great fun - I enjoyed reconnecting with old friends, and getting a handle on the current state of Linux.

It also marks an important point in our development as a company. That is, several years ago, when the Intel-based Macs first started shipping, we poured an enormous amount of energy into our Mac product. More than half of our revenue now comes from the Mac market, and that new market has been a powerful boon to our company. We continue to focus heavily on the Mac market, further developing our products to help our Mac customers.

However, what is exciting for me, personally, is that the Linux market has not been standing still. The growth of desktop initiatives - particularly outside the US - along with the burgeoning netbook market has really made the Linux market attractive. And while we haven't been neglecting our Linux customers, it has been the case that the Mac has been the Apple of our eye, as it were. But I traveled to this conference because we made the business decision that we needed to give Linux equal time.

So this was an exciting return to my roots - my first love has always been Linux. I came away with some great ideas, and great hope for the future of Linux. We're planning a refresh of our Linux GUI this year, and so I look forward to continuing to provide the very best in Windows compatibility for Linux.

I also got to watch some interesting fireworks, although I was left with the uneasy feeling that our community was a bit too fast with the pitchforks and torches.

But now that I'm done with my travels for a bit, it's time to get that release out for Quicken...


Putty for Mac
Putty for Mac
$15.00

https://winereviews.onfastspring.com/putty-for-mac


No comments: